Special Education Resources
= Extremely Useful, = very useful. = somewhat useful. = Frameworks Connection
- IDEA: Individuals with Disabilities Act (www.ideapractices.org) This site contains information about laws, effective practices, and links to many other useful resources for special education.
- LD Online: Learning Disabilities Information & Resources (www.ldonline.org/) This comprehensive site includes information, research, and resources for parents, teachers, and students interested in the field of learning disabilities.
- LD In-Depth For Teachers: Teaching Strategies and Techniques (www.ldonline.org//ld_indepth/teaching_techniques/strategies.html) This is a particularly useful section within the LD Online site. It contains strategies and effective practices for teaching students with various learning disabilities.
- Mrs. Mitchell's Virtual School (www.kathimitchell.com/index.html) This site contains lots of great links and resources that teachers will be able to connect to the classroom curriculum.
- Inclusion Links (Consortium on Inclusive Schooling Practices) (www.asri.edu/cfsp/brochure/inclinks.htm) A collection of links to inclusion education resources can be found on this site.
- Circle of Inclusion (www.circleofinclusion.org/) Information about effective practices of inclusive educational programs for early childhood can be found on this site, including many useful resources.
- National Center on Educational Outcomes (http://www.coled.umn.edu/nceo/) This site provides information about the participation of students with disabilities in conjunction with standards and assessments.
- The Behavior Homepage (http://www.state.ky.us/agencies/behave/homepage.html) Information and effective practices concerning a full range of behavioral issues can be found on this site.
- Discipline and Classroom Management (http://members.tripod.com/~ozpk/disc.html) This site includes tips from teachers on a variety of discipline and classroom management topics.
- American Sign Language Browser (commtechlab.msu.edu/sites/aslweb/) This site contains an online American Sign Language (ASL) browser where you can look up video of thousands of ASL signs.
- School Psychology Resources Online (www.bcpl.net/~sandyste/school_psych.html) Resources for psychologists, parents and educators on learning disabilities, ADHD, autism, parenting, assessment, special education, mental health, and more.